Clamps Market Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2019– 2027



Global Clamps Market: Restraints

The major restraining factor affecting the Clamps Market growth is product recalls by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) due to improper functioning of clamps. For instance, in May 2018, the Extension line slide clamps from Arrow International Inc. was recalled by the U.S. FDA, as the product sterility was being compromised due to unsealed packaging of clamps. Sterilization is one of the important aspects of surgeries to avoid contamination. The use of unsterile and contaminated surgical instruments can possess great threats including acquired bacterial or viral infections such as hepatitis, AIDS, mad cow disease, etc.

Surgical instruments are integral part of medical devices in surgeries. Clamps are one of the significant instruments in inpatient surgical procedures with serrated jaws and locking handles, used for gripping, holding, joining, supporting, or compressing an organ, vessel, or tissue. In surgery, clamps are majorly used for hemostasis and clamping tissue. The global clamps market is witnessing growth, as clamps and forceps are the majorly used medical instruments during the surgeries. Their easy availability and affordability are also driving growth of the clamps market. There are different types of clamps available in the market such as kelly clamps, crile clamps, right-angle clamps, and bulldog clamps. All the clamps have different applications according to their design and structure.

Browse Research Report:

Global Clamps Market: Drivers

The clamps market revenue is expected to increase over the forecast period, owing to increasing number of surgical procedures and rising demand for clamps and other surgical instruments.  According to Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), in 2014, over 17.2 million hospital visits (ambulatory or inpatient) included invasive, therapeutic surgeries in the U.S. Over half of these visits (57.8 percent) occurred in a hospital-owned ambulatory surgery (AS) setting and the remaining (42.2 percent) were inpatient. Furthermore, the wide range of different types of clamps available such as bowel clamps, vascular clamps, bulldog clamps, etc. for different purposes in surgeries is also contributing to the clamps market growth.

Global Clamps Market: Regional Analysis

North America is expected to hold dominant position in the clamps market over the forecast period, owing to the presence of major companies in the U.S. such as Stryker Corporation, Aspen Surgical, Microline Surgical, Global Surgical Instruments, Sklar Surgical Instruments, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, and Medline Industries. Moreover, increasing number of surgical procedures, especially in the U.S., is also driving growth of the clamps market.

* The sample copy includes: Report Summary, Table of Contents, Segmentation, Competitive Landscape, Report Structure, Methodology.

Request a sample copy of this report:

Asia Pacific clamps market size is expected to witness significant growth, owing to increasing prevalence of cardiovascular surgeries, wherein clamps are a basic requirement. Cardiovascular diseases are one of the most prevalent diseases in China. According to Report on Cardiovascular Diseases in China 2015, around 290 million people in China are suffering from cardiovascular diseases and over 207,881 cardiovascular surgeries were performed in mainland China in 2014.

Global Clamps Market: Competitive Landscape

Key players operating in the global clamps market include Stryker Corporation, Aspen Surgical, Timesco Healthcare Ltd., Mercian Surgical Supply Co Ltd, Hilbro Group, Microline Surgical, Global Surgical Instruments, Sklar Surgical Instruments, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, and Medline Industries.

Buy-Now this research report:

About Coherent Market Insights:            

Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.

Contact Us:

mailto:[email protected]

U.S. Office:

Name:  Mr. Shah

Coherent Market Insights 1001 4th Ave,

# 3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.

US :  +1-206-701-6702

UK :  +44-020-8133-4027

JAPAN :  +050-5539-1737